06 March 2011

oops I missed a few days!

I have a really good excuse though...MOVING out of my apartment, and trying to veg out for a couple days to recoup! Thank goodness I am out of there, I have never been so relieved.  I am so thankful for everyone who helped me move.

Today J and I went to church, but he was in jammies since I was running a little late. I wish I could get away with wearing pj's too! I love the ladies at my church. It is always nice to go and feel uplifted! Today in Relief Society we pretty much all teared up at one point. I guess that's what you get when a bunch of women get together and talk about something spiritual and emotional! We are having a dinner on Thursday, and since I am on the planning committee I am making alfredo sauce to take...I am excited but nervous since I have never made a huge batch of it before. Guess I'll see how it goes.

I have been slowly learning something about myself over this deployment. I REALLY need to learn to manage my expectations better. When Brandon tells me that he will call and then doesn't have a chance to, it is really hard for me not to freak out. I need to remember that sometimes things happen, he may wake up late and have to rush to work, or he may have a problem with his unreliable phone or internet. Regardless, I get really nervous when the time to hear from him passes with no word. I am so grateful that he has been safe thus far though, and I can't wait to see him. Words cannot describe how much I miss him. Sometimes I get really overwhelmed at how much time we have left, and I just ache to see him in person. Other times I do really well, and time seems to pass quickly. Good days and bad days. I think I'm allowed.

J is doing the sleepy eye rub finally, so it is off to bed for us. Gosh darn I miss his daddy! Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment