Whew..what a few days. Tuesday J got the second dose of his flu shot. I wasn't going to get it for him, but with all the international travel we will be doing I figured it would be better to protect him as much as possible. He did fine with his 6 months spots plus the flu one..but yesterday morning he woke up and his tongue didn't look quite right, it was a little swollen, so I called the pediatric triage nurse. She hadn't called back after 2 hours so I just took him up to Madigan. By that point his cheeks were all red too, so they saw him an hour later. He is fine, but it was scary for a little while..not knowing if it was going to get better or worse. Luckily he never had trouble breathing, or a fever. I still feel like it was right to get the shot, but I probably won't next year, don't want to chance a worse reaction.
Tuesday at the nursing support group we go to I asked the pediatrician about how much solids he should be eating, and I told the Dr. I was making my own. She basically said it was pointless to make my own since jarred food is so much easier. I was so shocked I couldn't even say anything to defend myself. I am happy with my choice to make his food from fresh or frozen fruits and veggies. She must have been jealous that she didn't have time to make her kids' food. I just can't imagine why a doctor would say that giving fresh food is pointless! The nerve.
Today is a busy day.. I'll update next time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment