Ummmmm..... so what happened in our lives from April 2011 to May 2012? Oh not much.
I've said it before and I will probably say it again, I am really bad at continuously blogging. At least I remembered the password this time, and am ready to give it another shot. Here goes a quick update on our year:
May 2011- An AMAZING trip to Italy, with quick visits to England and France. J and I flew over and met Brandon at his folks house. From there we did a little traveling around, and saw some of the best sites in Paris and London. Most of you are my friends on facebook, so you can check out the pictures there. It was unforgettable.
August 2011- Jaydon turned ONE! He is such a blessing in our lives, and we had an awesome party for him in WA before moving back to HI.
A few days after we got back to Hawaii, Brandon got home from Afghanistan. Let me tell you, giving your soldier that first hug when his boots are safely back on home soil is the best feeling there is. We had some bumps in the road getting reacquainted as a family but we are doing great now.
December 2011- Grandma Pat's significant other, Ken, passed away from cancer. J and I spent most of the fall back and forth helping her, and sadly he lost his battle December 15th at 10pm. Brandon was able to join us for the services and to celebrate Christmas in WA.
January 2012- Family trip to Mexico! Grandma Pat, my mom, my sister, and our little fam all went to Mazatlan for a week to recoup. I can honestly say that was my first Mexico trip where I didn't leave the hotel and I was totally fine with it.
February 2012-May 2012- Brandon was put on some training orders in Alabama and Pennsylvania, so J and I tagged along to make a family trip out of it. After his training, we made a stop in North Carolina to introduce J to his aunts and uncles, cousins, and great-grandma Marge. It was great seeing family after so long apart! Then we stopped for a whirlwind weekend in WA to see my family, and now we are finally back in Hawaii. As mentioned above...tons of pics of all this on facebook.
There you have it, a YEAR in the life of a Chinook pilot's wife.... I will do my absolute best to keep updated on our crazy busy lives this time. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment